In this video I replace the bushings in the Upper Control Arm/Wishbone. I take all the parts off, do some spot welding, then refit and adjust to the correct specification.
Welding for the first time
I used a Clarke 151 TE Turbo Gas Mig Welder for the spot welds. I found the Mig Welding Forum really useful as a beginner and Trev’s Blog YouTube channel brilliant for learning the concepts and set up.
You’ll see in the video that it took me a while to get the right settings. It wasn’t until I whacked the power up that the welds were OK due to the thickness of the metal.
- Upper Wishbone Bolt: 75 Nm
- Upper Ball Joint Hex Bolts: 60 Nm
- Upper Wishbone Bush – Powerflex PFF85-1006 or OEM with nylon sleeve – 251407077
- Stainless steel eccentric washer – 251407133A
- Digital Angle Finder
- Level Hose Gauge Set
I reused my originals, but here are the other part numbers if you need to buy new:
- Upper Wishbone – 251407047B
- Upper Wishbone Bolt – 251407053A
- Upper Wishbone Bolt Washer – 251407089A
- Upper Wishbone Bolt Nyloc Nut – M12x1.5 | 10.9 | BZP – N0221414